I helped construct the Olympic Site, tell the story of the Greatest Show on earth, and am on site for the Legacy build until 2014.

This is my View of what's going on. These Views are mine and not of my employer or the LLDC/ODA/LOCOG

I was one of the Official BT’s Storytellers for London 2012 .


Monday 9 April 2012

Time to Shine 2012

Waltham Forest
Whilst working on the London 2012 Olympic Park for the last 4 years I have been involved with the Olympic Delivery Authority's (ODA) nominated charity as a volunteer.

That chosen charity is WheelPower, and the event is called 'Time to Shine'

WheelPower and the five Olympic host borough’s (Greenwich, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest) will provide up to 120 young disabled people, aged 11-18 years old from the five Olympic host borough’s, with a fun, positive, life changing experience in sporting and cultural activities at Stoke Mandeville Stadium, the birthplace of the Paralympic Games.

Street Dance
I have attended this event on 6 different occasions during my time working on site and will continue to do so once my time has come to an end on site as I enjoy it so much.

Archery
Everyone from the organisers, to the volunteers and the children and their carers have such a great time, it's always smiles all round, infact I dont think I've ever encountered tears in any form.

 
 

Here are a selection from last weeks event (2-5 April) most of the children featured are from Waltham Forest, as this was the group I was assigned to.




Here is a video from the 2011 event, see how many times you can spot me....

No comments:

Post a Comment